I am feeling some serious Mexican vibes today! I have to admit, Mexican, is one of my absolutely favourite cuisines! Not only is it full of flavour and delicious, but it is also quite nutritious when done right. Mexican dishes usually have a perfect balance of protein, carbs, healthy fats and fibre! One more reason I love Mexican food, it is because of the fact the have guacamole on EVERYTHING! And with my serious addiction to avocados, what more could I possibly want?!
I have yet to travel to Mexico but it is 100% on my bucket list!
So here is my vegan take on some delicious quesadillas!
Tortilla wrap bread
1 red onion
4 cloves of garlic
2 chillies (optional)
1 large bowl of fresh spinach
1 can of red kidney beans
Olive oil, salt and pepper
1 tbs of paprika powder
2. Add half a glass of water and cover with a lid for 5 minutes. When the peppers feel soft, add the beans and spinach and cover with the lid for another 5 minutes or until spinach is soft.
3. If the fajita filling looks too watery take off the lid and let the liquid evaporate.
4. Once finished add some salt and pepper with juice from one lime. (Add freshly cut up chilli if you would like to make it spicy.)
5. Set aside and prepare the guacamole and pico de gallo.
1/2 red onion
1. Crush the avocado with a fork, add some salt and pepper.
2. Cut the onions into small dice, de-seed the tomatoes and also cut into small dice.
3. Add the tomatoes, onions and coriander to the crushed avocado and mix.
4. Finally squeeze half a lime on the mixture.
What you need: (Pico de gallo)
1/2 red onion
1. De-seed tomatoes and cut into small dice, do the same with the onions and mix together.
2. Add the chopped coriander and squeeze half a lime on the mixture.
Finally, place a Tortilla wrap in the pan, on half place the quesadilla mix and some vegan cheese of your choice. (I use VioLife original.) Fold in half and cook 1-2 minutes on each side until crispy. Serve with some Tortilla chips and the two dips!
Enjoy these Mexican vibes!
Much love, Veeganista!x